National Service Scheme
The National Service Scheme (NSS) was launched in 1969 and is an Indian government-sponsored public service program conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India aimed at developing student’s personality through community service, NSS is a voluntary association of young people in Colleges, Universities and at +2 level working for a campus-community linkage. The NSS chapter at College of Engineering Muttathara follows the cardinal principle of the NSS programme which is aimed at organising events by the students themselves such that both students and teachers get a sense of involvement in the tasks of nation building through their combined participation in community service. The programme aims to inculcate social welfare in students, and to provide service to society without bias. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity.
Staff in Charge1. Jesmala David Raj : Assistant Professor,Applied Science Department
2. Thasreef H R : Assistant Professor,Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department
- As the part of independence day, Republic day and Ganthi Jayanti various activities and programmes were conducted by NSS
- NSS Special Camp conducted from 26 Dec to Jan 1st at Govt. UPS, Beemapally and has done various community programmes, social services and charity activities
- Planted various types of trees and cleaned the college premises as a part of NSS regular activities Donated and planted trees around the houses in nearby locality of our college as a part of community activity of NSS
- Conducted blood donation camp on 05.03.2018 at the campus in association with Trivandrum Medical College and Lions Club of Trivandrum Crystal as a part of NSS community activity
- Free blood check up camp is conducted for the students, staff and the people in the nearby area on 13.03.2018 at the campus by the team of Mobile Medical Clinic of Kerala Social Security Mission in association with the Lions Club, Thiruvananthapuram.